Monday 20 April 2015

Eight

Why do manufacturers persist in making panels with eight images on them?  Eight is either too many or not enough to make a balanced quilt.  Nine is a good number, as that can be three blocks by three, or even five is OK as you can pad them out with plain blocks.  But eight! (Of course, I do actually know why they make these panels, as two rows of four images fill the fabric nicely.  I suppose the question is more, why do we buy them?!). So, along with most people, I have one of these panels, and decided to work out how to use it. 


Not a prize-winner, but the easy hourglass blocks have made these eight images into a fifteen, or five by three.  A bit long and narrow, but if I add a border on two sides, then a traditional border, I think it will work.


How about that?  I'll put a pink border round the whole thing, and get back. 


1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks fantastic!! Amazing how it grows when you add filler blocks.