Wednesday 12 November 2014

Dear Jane

I have been working hard on my Dear Jane blocks, as I have agreed to give them to DS's friend as a housewarming present on 6th December, so no time pressures there!  I had already bigged them up by putting them on point and putting plain blue squares between them, which looked pretty good.  But not big enough for a vaguely credible bed quilt.  Next was a flying geese border.  It adds another 8" all round, so what's not to like? 


I have to admit that I had help from Jane and Liz here, so thank you both!  Still not big enough, but I need a plain border, if I'm to get it layered and quilted in time.  


What better than this fabulous Barbara Brackman fabric for the final border? A perfect solution!  A bit of careful cutting and it'll be a top!



4 comments:

Amanda said...

Looking fab-u-lous!!

loulee said...

Looking lovely, I like it very much. But as you know, I'm a sucker for blues!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Well done Lynda! It's looking wonderful!!

Unknown said...

That's beautiful! All the blues look really lovely together!