Tuesday 8 July 2014

Back to the drawing board

I have bought some fabric to make the frames for Rhi's Dear Jane quilt, but despite the fact that I had the help of Muriel, Carole, Liz and Paula, it hasn't worked out.  I didn't want a plain fabric, I wanted something with a bit of interest, and this one looked good in the shop. 
 
 
 
But as you can see, it's got interest, but isn't dark enough to make the DJ blocks stand out.  So, it's back to the drawing board.  I had originally thought I might join the blocks together without sashing (that's why there are a roughly equal number of light and dark backgrounds) so maybe I could go back to that idea. 

 
I bought a mottled blue batik which I think will be better as a contrast, and wondered if I could put plain squares between the blocks. 

 
That would certainly bulk them out.  Any ideas out there?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I have an urge to put those ones on the blue batik on point.

Unknown said...

That blue batik is lovely! It gives the eye somewhere to rest.
I also like Amanda's idea of putting them on point - that would look really nice :)