Sunday 23 March 2014

A few things

I have been doing very little sewing recently, as my Mum has been poorly.  Very poorly.  For the first week I stayed at hers, as I didn't want to leave her on her own.  This made for quite a bit of quiet time, when I had chance to do some hand sewing.  I hadn't particularly planned to make any more of these sawtooth blocks, but I couldn't just sit around watching the tv, could I?!  I didn't have enough of the blue spot to make all the outside blades, but I think the hand dye looks OK. 
 
 
Now Mum is well enough to be left for a bit, I got on and made this class sample.  I have made a feathered star before, and remembered it wasn't as hard as it looks. 

 
It replies heavily on accuracy and a really constant quarter inch seam, but after that, it's just a block with a lot of pieces.  It will be perfect as the centre of a medallion quilt.

 
And now I have been able to get on and quilt this MAM Star quilt I made last year.  I've quilted the stars in the ditch to make them stand out, and the pink is in meander with stars.

 
Here you can see the quilting design.  Nothing fancy, but it'll hold the layers together and make it a cosy, snuggly Linus quilt.

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sorry to hear your Mum hasn't been well...hope she's better now.

Love the MAM quilt and that hot pink...perfect combo!